Borealis appoints Stefan Doboczky as new CEO

image is borealis-web-16924

As a global leader in the area of polymers, Borealis is uniquely positioned in this market with its focus on innovation, sustainability, and outstanding circular economy solutions.

The Supervisory Board of Borealis announced the appointment of Stefan Doboczky as the new CEO, effective July 1, 2024.

Daniela Vlad, Chairwoman of the Supervisory Board of Borealis and EVP Chemicals of OMV, expressed her enthusiasm, by saying: “Stefan Doboczky brings a wealth of experience with an impressive leadership track record in the chemicals industry spanning over 30 years. I am delighted to welcome him to Borealis with his in-depth knowledge of our industry and his strong commitment to further elevating Borealis’ market leadership through its proven innovation and technological capabilities.”

“OMV and ADNOC – both companies represented in the Borealis Supervisory Board – are supportive of this appointment. I look forward to working with Stefan Doboczky in his new role, as he takes the helm of a world-class company which is one of OMV Group’s pivotal drivers for future growth,” she added.

Stefan Doboczky commented on his appointment, stating: “I would like to thank the Supervisory Board of Borealis for the trust and look forward to further advancing Borealis’ development in the evolving chemicals sector.”

As a global leader in the area of polymers, Borealis is uniquely positioned in this market with its focus on innovation, sustainability, and outstanding circular economy solutions, he added.

“I look forward to exploring new strategic advancements with my new colleagues at Borealis and delivering sustained growth while tapping into new market opportunities internationally. I am looking forward to getting to know the Borealis community of customers and suppliers, but most of all its employees," Doboczky said.

Stefan Doboczky’s career began in 1992, leading to executive board and CEO positions at internationally listed chemicals companies. He served on the OMV Supervisory Board since 2019, a position he stepped down from to assume his new role at Borealis. Doboczky holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the Technical University Vienna and an MBA from IMD Lausanne.

This strategic leadership change marks a significant step for Borealis, as the company aims to strengthen its market position and drive future growth under Doboczky's experienced guidance.

Borealis is a global leader in providing innovative chemical and polyolefin solutions. Renowned for its reliability and as a global brand, Borealis consistently creates value for its customers and partners by developing new approaches, technologies, and products.

Driven by a belief in progress, Borealis continually discovers new applications and material solutions to tackle global challenges in climate, energy, food, health, water and sanitation, waste, and recycling.

In re-inventing essentials for sustainable living, Borealis is dedicated to safety, people, innovation and technology, and performance excellence. The company is accelerating the transition to a circular economy of polyolefins, expanding its reach to better serve customers worldwide.

Headquartered in Vienna, Austria, Borealis employs around 6,000 people and operates in over 120 countries. OMV, an integrated energy, fuels, feedstock, and chemicals company based in Vienna, owns 75% of Borealis, while the remaining 25% is owned by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) of the United Arab Emirates.


Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best of Energy Connects directly to your inbox each week.

By subscribing, you agree to the processing of your personal data by dmg events as described in the Privacy Policy.

Back To Top